Thursday 21 February 2013

Geoffrey Holstad


http://geoffreyholstad.com/#About
'I am a native northwoods illustrator, hand-letterer, designer, creative director, printmaker, citizen meteorologist, and Shackleton-inspired optimist.'
 - Geoffrey Holstad.
Holstad takes inspiration from American folk art and camp and farm signage, he tries to use a computer as little as possible because he's all about the natural feel and keeping work alive.
Some of his clients include;
-Art Park
- Osprey Packs
- Wilderness Workshop
- Moosejaw Mountaineering
- Lifetime Collective
- Herman Miller
- Kellogg's
I particularly like his work for Moosejaw Mountaineering, it can be viewed in colour on his website, but I like the black and white approach, he has a very strong hand and uses bold line work, not really what I'm used to but it really stands off the page!  To see artwork from beginning to end is also an exciting journey to embark upon, this Moosejaw Mountaineering  looks fantastic on a T-shirt!!
I can see myself walking up the Holstad route, I can use Photoshop but I actually prefer not to, I tend to think designs loose there natural look when scanned in. I prefer one off pieces on some crazy surface!

No comments:

Post a Comment